Global Public Health Week (GPHW) is an initiative of the World Federation of Public Health Associations that aims bringing together institutions, communities, and public health actors from around the world to recognize the contributions of public health and its workforce.
This first edition of GPHW will take place on 4 – 8 April 2022 with the theme “Public Health Matters: building the new future”
In addition to the week’s theme, each day will focus in a specific theme :
- Monday, 4 April : Building COVID-19 resilience
- Tuesday, 5 April : Reversing climate disaster
- Wednesday, 6 April : Achieving health equity
- Thursday, 7 April : Strengthening public health associations and communities
- Friday, 8 April : Preventing the next pandemic
We encourage all our members and public health associations to joining us passing the the word about Global Public Health Week and hosting activities in their country and communities. WFPHA members and Public Health Association and nonprofit organization are invited to participate.
How does it work
During the PH week you will organize an event dedicated to public health and we will give you visibility on our website and social media. WFPHA will also organize a series of events during the week.
Host online, in-person and/or hybrid events
- Choose one or more of the themes above.
- Mobilize your team to organize workshops, conferences, webinars, social media activities, contests, lectures or events in formats in person, on line or hybrid. Events can be organized in any language.
We may be physically distant from each other, but we are united for the health of the publics. Join us in this initiative to make public health stronger!